Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

40 HP Judson pulley is touching the deck lid
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Dragone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: 40 HP Judson pulley is touching the deck lid Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 1963 VW bug that I just installed a 40HP Judson on. All is well accept when I put the lid down, the edge of the main pulley on the supercharger rubs the deck lid. Any ideas on what I should do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
oval56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: 40 HP Judson pulley is touching the deck lid Reply with quote

machine the pulley (take the lipp of, or use a decklid standoff:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1007835

1956 Oval, 2364ccm typ4
1957 Oval Ragtop 1584ccm singel port modified
1950 Hebmüller, 1584ccm okrasa modified

DBK Germany!!!!!!!!!!
www.dbkvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
billmetric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 40 HP Judson pulley is touching the deck lid Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/judson/installation/Judson%20VW%2040hp%20Instructions.pdf

Judson 40 hp installation instructions section F-1.:
"Remove wire from clamp at tail light. Break clamp off of lid by bending back and forth. Cut bottom bolt of tail light flush with nut if it rubs on the supercharger pulley with deck lid closed. Loosen tail light wire in other clamp and pull wire up and loop over top right hand bolt as shown."

by "tail light" they mean license light, sometimes I've just removed the taillight from the lid and unscrewed the stud right out of the housing and left it off, I hate bending stuff back and forth until it breaks off too but that's right out of the instruction sheet, 40 hp Judsons rub at the license light/wire area, that's normal operation, you can make a custom front trans mount with offset holes to tilt the engine at a lower angle, it doesn't take much, also brand new rear motor mounts tend to sit the engine up higher than old squished ones,
There is an idea of a Billmetric; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: