Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

912 Porsche cylinder not firing, I think
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron F.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: 912 Porsche cylinder not firing, I think Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a '66 912 that's not running right. Stock bored out to a 2 liter. I just got done removing the carbs and replacing the intake manifold gasket along with new NGK plugs and new wires. So I went over the whole process of syncing the carbs it's not pooping or anything.
Here are some symptoms:
- I feel like it's strong out of first gear but I feel a sudden shut off of a cylinder and it continues to run on three
- When I let go of the gas the engine kind of flutters down to idle like a piston is still firing.
At idle I've pulled off all the plugs one by one and they each affected the engine. I am also sure the plugs are in the right order.
What I've yet to do is set the timing it's got an 009 with electronic ig. would doing this help?
My only other concern is when cleaning the jets on top of the left Weber, the two long ones that sick out the top, the front get goes in good and straight but the back jet is a few mm higher and slightly slanted.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks.
It was also running fine before I did this.
BK911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 912 Porsche cylinder not firing, I think Reply with quote

Most fuel problems are ignition. Smile
Set your dwell, then timing, then try again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: