Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Identifying Wheels
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Amacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Identifying Wheels Reply with quote

Sorry to bother you guys with something trivial like this, but I got these wheels in a purchase and would like to know what they fit and what they're worth. PO said Porsche, but who knows. I forgot to look but I think they're 15" by zooming in on the pic.

Thanks, guys!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66- http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2888&sid=54d8dedfb3822f99c7f2ea430cb4e856
'65- http://leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4263
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
waxhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying Wheels Reply with quote

The look a little different to the typical Porsche steel wheels, especially those parts to keep the hubcap on - I've never seen those before. Any markings/part numbers on the back?
flatsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying Wheels Reply with quote

Look like 13" wheels from a Mercedes 190 SL
Bruce Amacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Identifying Wheels Reply with quote

waxhead wrote:
The look a little different to the typical Porsche steel wheels, especially those parts to keep the hubcap on - I've never seen those before. Any markings/part numbers on the back?

Hubcap retainers:

Here's some markings on the front of the wheel. The backs are super filthy, I'll have to power wash them to see anything.
11 61 Date code?

300C 300D Mercedes, maybe? When I Google Image all of this nothing remotely the same comes up.

614 2A

Unrecognizable logo

Any comments are welcome. BTW, they definitely are 15".

Thanks!
'66- http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2888&sid=54d8dedfb3822f99c7f2ea430cb4e856
'65- http://leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4263
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying Wheels Reply with quote

That logo is KPZ- KronPrinz, which is one of the two suppliers of VW wheels, (Lemmerz being the other).
It says: 300c, 300d. Which I would guess to be the big mercedes. Google for a image of a 1962 Mercedes wheel.
Got to be worth something to the right person!!
I found similar wheels recently, 15", big bolt circle. The turned out to be Saab 93. Didn't look like yours, tho.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: