Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus lower tin work on a 412?
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Bus lower tin work on a 412? Reply with quote

The lower tin that goes over the muffler is missing on my 412. Some one has on for a bus and I was wondering if anyone new if that would work on our cars. It looks like I may need to shorten it a little on each end.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=974584

If that will not work, what are my options?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a few an I will look at the part # f or the 411/412 part. I "think" it is the same for bus but someone will have to verify the bus part#. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there are minor differences, but that the parts can be made to work.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of the lower warm air ducts are different on a type 4 than on a bay bus (with type 4 engine). the front lower ducts - ones that cover the lower front portion of the cylinders and heads, and that the lower ducts fasten to - are different also. the bolt patterns and shapes are quite different. we have some of these parts good used.

http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/search.php?substring=warm+air+duct+type+4
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott, I need the heat shield, the piece that goes over the muffler.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reluctantartist wrote:
Hey Scott, I need the heat shield, the piece that goes over the muffler.

oops sorry i muffed that. it's the same part bus and type 4. we have that item used too:

http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/product.php?productid=16705
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: