TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Horn button date help
jjjukebox Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:14 pm

Hey - Not sure if this should be in the oval or 58+ but I’m starting here as I’ve had several beetles over the years and I’m not sure where this came from. Really nice horn button with black bezel and gold Wolfsburg. Has VW stamping and part number 111.951.511 A on it. Any experts able to date that for me?

Thanks in advance!

finster Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:08 am

post a pic of the front side as there were subtle changes to the crest design that might help with dating.

jjjukebox Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:13 am

finster wrote: post a pic of the front side as there were subtle changes to the crest design that might help with dating.

Doh! Should have don’t that to begin with. Crest is pretty plain but i have kept this separate from my other general parts for some reason. Who knows…

jjjukebox Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Any thoughts? I’ve seen different spring configurations or clip in styles and of course repops. Trying to decide if it’s worth anything to sell but want to make sure I advertise it correctly. Don’t currently have a stock wheel to test it in. Thanks!

jjjukebox Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Bump 8)

Zwitterkafer Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

'56 to '59........or is that not close enough?

jjjukebox Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

That works and makes sense on the bugs I’ve had. Was going to sell it so I wanted to know what it fit. Not really sure what it’s worth. At least it’s a real VW vs repop.