TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Barndoor 54 Klein. Byggnadsfirma Zetterberg Stockholm Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
RockStock Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Well this bus fell into the right hands! Beautiful work.

Fredrik.S Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:35 pm

GTV wrote: Fredrik.S wrote: Cut or not cut! is the question

Hmmm... I'd say do it if you are going to do it right... Correct inner pressings, belly pans, etc. I would not just cut a hole in the roof ;)

Coorect, but there will be no inner pressing, the bus has an almost complete
headliner. You see a little bit of the headliner in this picture, it is worth saving.

Fredrik.S Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:50 pm

RockStock wrote: Well this bus fell into the right hands! Beautiful work.

Thanks, I'll do my best, and trying to make all the repairs as close to original as possible

Fredrik.S Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 am

I bought a green floor first, but when the new ones come I sold the green one.
Received the new a few weeks ago, looks really good!

sled Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 am

Fredrik.S wrote:

headliner. You see a little bit of the headliner in this picture, it is worth saving.

can you explain how you plan to correctly install a sunroof without removing the tattered old headliner?..and then get the headliner to fit the sunroof hole? what material will you use for the sunroof itself? A sunroof headliner is completely different than a solid top headliner.

Fredrik.S Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:11 am

sled wrote: Fredrik.S wrote:

can you explain how you plan to correctly install a sunroof without removing the tattered old headliner?..and then get the headliner to fit the sunroof hole? what material will you use for the sunroof itself? A sunroof headliner is completely different than a solid top headliner.

If I install it, I cut a smaller hole in the fabric and attach it. Do not know if it works yet, later I buy a new headliner and inner pressing, we'll see :D

The Rascals Cats Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 am

NO cutting .... :cry:
have a great look as is ... :roll:

djfordmanjack Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Fredrik.S wrote: Cut or not cut! is the question

No ! 8)

Scotty Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 am

Great bus and lovely repair work. I especially like the wheels with their original finish, they look spot on.

I don't think you should cut the roof either, especially was you have an og headliner!

johnny d Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:06 am

Scotty wrote: I especially like the wheels with their original finish, they look spot on.

:wink:

Fredrik.S Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Scotty wrote: Great bus and lovely repair work. I especially like the wheels with their original finish, they look spot on.

I don't think you should cut the roof either, especially was you have an og headliner!

Thanks Scotty, yes the Sprintstar rims will be fine and a bit lower

Fredrik.S Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 pm

My goal with the bus is Hessisch Oldendorf 2017. I plan to build a bigger engine, the engine block is finished and ready for assembly, all machine work is performed by JPM.

Fredrik.S Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:06 pm

And some more old photos...

Fredrik.S Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Adjustable spring plates is also on the schedule

Fredrik.S Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

I have another 54 which is completely broken in the frame, so I Build a jig on the 11 to the panelvan. It is not finished, will produce some attachment points to be welded on the frame.

pineapple_express Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:31 pm

I say cut a hole in the roof!! I got an OG Barndoor ragtop assembly I'll sell you 8)

bally Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Looking good. I'd cut the hole I think.

Some nice work/cars in the background too :)

Dave

Fredrik.S Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 am

pineapple_express wrote: I say cut a hole in the roof!! I got an OG Barndoor ragtop assembly I'll sell you 8)

I have bought too many expensive parts already :D

Fredrik.S Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:30 am

bally wrote: Looking good. I'd cut the hole I think.

Dave

Thank you, the convertible you see in the background looked like this when I started :D

And here is another type 1 project that has taken far too long time :D

bally Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Fredrik.S wrote: bally wrote: Looking good. I'd cut the hole I think.

Dave

Thank you, the convertible you see in the background looked like this when I started :D

Your convertible gives me hope :)

Thanks for the inspiration. :):)

Dave