TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ocotillo Wells Litigation
zancat Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:53 am

All,

An important piece of desert in California is in danger of more restrictions.

I encourage you all to join this group (if you are Facebookers) to learn more about the situation and how to help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FightForOcotilloWells/

Zancat

cgummerson11 Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Just signed up to follow their FB page. Also, sent my Assemblyman and Senator letters to fight the lawsuit. Any other suggestions?

zancat Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 pm

cgummerson11 wrote: Just signed up to follow their FB page. Also, sent my Assemblyman and Senator letters to fight the lawsuit. Any other suggestions?

Just stay tuned. We are waiting for the response from the parks dept. The FB page will keep us informed.

Zancat

desertwrx Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:59 pm

A disgruntled former Ocotillo Wells SVRA employee is behind this. His title was "Environmental Scientist" Hah, he was a retired high school math teacher. Sure there are some critical areas in OW that need protection and that's what the park did, but this guy and his group want to keep all vehicles on maintained roads. East of Pole Line Road the BLM requires vehicles to stay on established roads and everyone seems to be cool about that. His hate of the off-road community in an off-road park is really getting people mad!

STOICH Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

Might be helpful in gaining more support if the would maybe "unlock" their group status on Facebook so people may join in and support them.... Just a thought.

StevieC Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 pm

I live in Borrego Springs, Ocotillo Wells is my backyard

The Anza Borrego State Park has recently designated thousands of additional acres of State Park land for off road vehicle use

They have built and are in the process of building many additional facilities... camping areas, showers, bathrooms, and grading roads to improve access to the facilities

Ocotillio Wells SVRA is expanding not closing