TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New Berrien Metalflake
illinineverdie Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 pm

I am looking at buying a Berrien body for my buggy but can't decide on a color. As an Illini fan I am partial to dark blue or orange. Berrien was nice enough to send some swatches of fiberglass with the colors, but the regular gelcoat dark blue seems much darker than I thought and the orange is a little too flat.

The metalflake in cobalt blue and tangerine orange might be a little more flake than I am wanting too, but it is hard for me to picture on an entire buggy.

Anyone have pics of a Berrien Buggy in Cobalt Blue Metalflake? Tangerine Orange? Dark Blue? or Orange? If so, I would greatly appreciate looking at the pics! I hope to make my decision soon.

HeidelbergJohn4.0 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Not sure that they have actually done any in metal flake yet.

HeidelbergJohn4.0 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Not sure that they have actually done any in metal flake yet.

manxdavid Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 am

There are plenty of examples of 'flake Buggies on the Vegas Buggies website, I'm guessing they'll be getting their supplies of flake from the same source.

http://vegasbuggies.com/

kustoms Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 am

Just buy a Kick-Out.

joescoolcustoms Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 am

kustoms wrote: Just buy a Kick-Out.

Do you sell those too?

kustoms Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am

joescoolcustoms wrote: kustoms wrote: Just buy a Kick-Out.

Do you sell those too?

LOL, As a matter of fact I am an official builder for them.

joescoolcustoms Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 am

kustoms wrote: joescoolcustoms wrote: kustoms wrote: Just buy a Kick-Out.

Do you sell those too?

LOL, As a matter of fact I am an official builder for them.

Your like an automotive WalMart. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't have some nos Edsel parts on the shelf.

kustoms Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 am

Besides anything for upholstery, I try to provide anything a buggy guy would want or need. As you know I also like producing stuff for the buggy like tops, carpets, scuff guards and such. Too bad the market is so small.