TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
busdaddy Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:05 pm

No error messages lately but very very slow at times the last few days, and right now too.

EverettB Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:21 pm

I don't see anything at the time you posted the above message and have not experienced any issues lately but I will keep an eye out.

Chip Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm

I can't seem to click on any of the featured ads on the main page. They all come up with a page not found, from thesamba message. Any body else seeing this?

EverettB Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Chip B. wrote: I can't seem to click on any of the featured ads on the main page. They all come up with a page not found, from thesamba message. Any body else seeing this?

Thanks for this report - This is fixed.

EverettB Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:38 am

The site was down from approx 11:30PM to 12:30AM tonight.

We are checking into the issue.

busdaddy Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:51 am

I've been getting these randomly over the last week, usually all better 5 minutes later, roughly 1 a day at various times.

Quote: Error 522 Ray ID: 1ddaf2883b53051a • 2015-04-27 13:42:15 UTC
Connection timed out

EverettB Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:46 am

There was an issue late last night and this morning (California time) posting Forum messages and the site might have been a little slow for some people too because of this problem.

When posting a message a "Could not insert" error was occurring for most people.

It is fixed now.

The Classifieds/Gallery/Other parts of the site were not affected.

skills@eurocarsplus Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:29 am

been getting this the past few days, and just happened about 5 minutes ago

EVfun Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:46 am

I've been seeing that occasionally over the last few days, or nothing happens when I click a link and if I it again 15 seconds later it goes quickly like normal.

EverettB Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Yes, there was an issue as I mentioned above.
Due to that problem, I was fixing some stuff over the weekend that caused the site to run slowly from time to time.

Occasionally the "Timeout" Cloudflare message would appear.

60ragtop Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:36 am

skills@eurocarsplus wrote: been getting this the past few days, and just happened about 5 minutes ago

Using Chrome, I have been getting this also quite often, and it is taking forever to move on to the next thing I click. Cleaned out cookies and cache. Downloaded recent chrome and still happening. Suggestions?

John Moxon Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:51 am

60ragtop wrote: skills@eurocarsplus wrote: been getting this the past few days, and just happened about 5 minutes ago

Using Chrome, I have been getting this also quite often, and it is taking forever to move on to the next thing I click. Cleaned out cookies and cache. Downloaded recent chrome and still happening. Suggestions?

Not sure if that's a Chrome issue Rick...I'm using Chrome and have had no issues since the universal hiatus last week.

60ragtop Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 pm

It only seems to happen in chrome :? which I prefer

John Moxon Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:00 pm

60ragtop wrote: It only seems to happen in chrome :? which I prefer

Would you believe it's just happened to me...timed out. :lol:

I had a topic opened in one tab on Chrome...clicked a topic email link and it timed out...very quickly. Very odd. :?

Erik G Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 pm

it's been sucking lately. Takes so long to load a page, I open a new tab and surf FB for a minute then come back. If I kill it, it logs me out of thesamba, have to sign on again

60ragtop Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Only in chrome for me. OK in firefox. Sure is a PITA when trying to post something and the little gizmo at the top is just content to chase his butt thru the hoop till he times out :lol:

OB Bus Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Yep been very slow lately with Safari on an iPad and MacBook.
Appreciate all the effort it takes to keep our addiction running well.

EverettB Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes, there have been some speed issues.

The Forums search is overloading the site from time to time (again).

I am working on trying to fix it and hope to do that soon.

This is not a Chrome or particular web browser issue.

60ragtop Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:40 am

EverettB wrote: The Forums search is overloading the site from time to time (again).
This is not a Chrome or particular web browser issue.
you are joking of course on the search being overloaded :lol:
As to it being not a chrome issue, it is for me. seems OK on firefox which I'm using now as chrome was timing out for me.
Thanks for all you do, Everett, keeping this site going. \:D/

jays58s Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 pm

With the amount of traffic on the site, I'm sure the upgrading and maintenance has got to be constant. I'm on the site probably too much and I've seen a lot timeouts and some other error messages a lot lately, but the site is always fixed super fast, can't ask for much more than that! We all definitely appreciate what you guys do to keep the site up and running, Everett.