TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official Random Home Page photo collections thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jennepher Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 am

You keep those in your own private collection. :lol:

VOLKSWAGNUT Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Jennepher wrote: You keep those in your own private collection. :lol:
Oh no not me... ... Just making a very bad joke.. :lol:

Keep up the great work ... :wink:

Jennepher Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:48 am

Just a quick FYI. Today is National Sandwich Day, hence the deliciousness on the home page random pics.

L378 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

what's up with every photo today coming up as a snow scene? Snow = no more driving season - I don't want to think about that - or is this some kind of holiday creep type thing? Don't want to think about that either! No more snow shots!

Jon65 Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm

L378 wrote: what's up with every photo today coming up as a snow scene? Snow = no more driving season - I don't want to think about that - or is this some kind of holiday creep type thing? Don't want to think about that either! No more snow shots!

It's fine by me. Since I barely ever see snow down here, it's nice to see some pics of the snow.

Jennepher Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm

L378 wrote: what's up with every photo today coming up as a snow scene? Snow = no more driving season - I don't want to think about that - or is this some kind of holiday creep type thing? Don't want to think about that either! No more snow shots!
There are a lot of collections, and we try to rotate them evenly. Since it's Winter here now, you're going to see some snow photos for a bit. It's a beautiful collection, but we'll change it up in a few days regardless.

Thanks for your feedback.

Low67vdubinnocal Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 pm

I look forward to the Winter pics. The season pics are always great. Thanks for taking the time and effort of doing that.

Jennepher Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:59 am

December 15th is National Cupcake Day, so the home page random collection is cupcakes all day today. Enjoy.

Jennepher Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Added 4 new collections today.

Trailers
Rims
VW Tattoos
Badges & Emblems

I'll start including them in the home page rotation after Christmas.

nlorntson Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Jennepher wrote: Added 4 new collections today.

Trailers
Rims
VW Tattoos
Badges & Emblems

I'll start including them in the home page rotation after Christmas.

Was thrilled to see my trailer as a member of the group! Thanks Jen.

Jennepher Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks! The trailer collection was so easy. Everett suggested it and I found over 300 photos with no trouble at all.

crofty Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 pm

I love the tattoo theme. Some of those are so bad I can't help bustin' up!!

vwracerdave Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Tattoos are just plain trashy and I wih you would not use them.

Jennepher Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 am

Just added a new Bicycles (and VWs) collection, it's rotating on the home page this week.

Jennepher Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 am

January 19th is National Popcorn Day, so popcorn pictures all day. Enjoy.

Jennepher Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 am

Everett added a "see all" feature. Click on any collection on the Randoms Detail Page to see all pictures on one page. These pages will update automatically as I add new images to the collection.

L378 Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 am

Nice to have & Thanks.

notchback Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Jennepher wrote: Everett added a "see all" feature. Click on any collection on the Randoms Detail Page to see all pictures on one page. These pages will update automatically as I add new images to the collection. Any way to make it so I can click on the thumbs and get the full size picture?

EverettB Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

notchback wrote: Jennepher wrote: Everett added a "see all" feature. Click on any collection on the Randoms Detail Page to see all pictures on one page. These pages will update automatically as I add new images to the collection. Any way to make it so I can click on the thumbs and get the full size picture?

We don't have a reference to the full size photos.

Most of the photos are just random photos we grabbed off the site, without keeping a reference to where they came from. Some are photos people have submitted without posting them on the site (a small %age).

This is not the best solution but you may be able to use Google Image Search to locate larger version of photos.
https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi
If you click on the camera there you can use a hyperlink to the photo or upload a photo and have it search for other similar images.

The Sage Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Do I smell Pancakes?