TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Pics of your oval AS FOUND only! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
bonecollector Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:53 pm

vwnut1 wrote: bonecollector wrote: vwnut1 wrote: I can see the bullet holes above the quarter window, how bad is the body cancer?

Hard to believe but this car has zero cancer. Clips are both very straight but there is some damage to the roof from bullet holes.

Awesome!!! I would love to hear the story on how you found it. I hope you got a killer deal on it as well. It appears that the dirt surrounding the car worked like a preservative of sorts. Very cool find and great pics. Are you planning a body off pan full restore?

Our Friend Jason was the one who found it. Actually his wife Lea and her Mom were out riding horses and spotted it on some property south of Idaho Falls. The property owner didn't even know it was there and told Jason he could have it if he filled the hole back in when he was done. Right now Jason is thinking he will start collecting parts to eventually put it back on the road. Here is video part one of the extraction. Enjoy.

redbug64 Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 am

What a great story! Fitting song on the vid too! Let's see part 2!

I didn't have to dig that much to get my bus but I did have to dig and cut some trees to get jacks under it so I could install a transaxle etc for extraction.

Snort Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:17 am

That video looks like something you might see on a PBS, a paleological dig. Or maybe it should be paleovalogical? :) Nice work.

davetaylor Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 am

bonecollector wrote: vwnut1 wrote: bonecollector wrote: vwnut1 wrote: I can see the bullet holes above the quarter window, how bad is the body cancer?

Hard to believe but this car has zero cancer. Clips are both very straight but there is some damage to the roof from bullet holes.

Awesome!!! I would love to hear the story on how you found it. I hope you got a killer deal on it as well. It appears that the dirt surrounding the car worked like a preservative of sorts. Very cool find and great pics. Are you planning a body off pan full restore?

Our Friend Jason was the one who found it. Actually his wife Lea and her Mom were out riding horses and spotted it on some property south of Idaho Falls. The property owner didn't even know it was there and told Jason he could have it if he filled the hole back in when he was done. Right now Jason is thinking he will start collecting parts to eventually put it back on the road. Here is video part one of the extraction. Enjoy.

I don't want to steal your thunder but for those who haven't found them, parts two and three are up and can be found under the same account.

It's a fun watch and I hope there are good plans for this poor Bug.

vwnut1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:29 am

It appears that the passenger side rear roof section was shot from outside the car, the drivers side from the inside. Do you plan on saving the original roof or grafting on a donor roof panel?

redbug64 Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:03 pm

My friend just picked up this 57 last week. I haven't seen it yet but it appears to have a grafted ragtop. Came with a truckload of OEM parts too!

TDCTDI Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 pm

My turn to play, I just coerced a buddy to let go of this 57 stalled project.

Had to give this thread some new c-rustiness.

thickfacek Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 pm

thickfacek wrote: as found 4 years ago...

today...

2nd 57 pulled from same barn today.....

redbug64 Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Sweet! Keep them coming!

Gwdghiaguy Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:59 pm

The day and I found my '57:

And how she looks now:

getgeoff Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 pm

Here is my early 55

Mr. OGPaint Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am

Cool car getgeoff, looks like an original Ultramaroon car. Sweet original color. Gotta love the way the Okanagan preserves cars

getgeoff Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 am

Thanks Ultramoron, I'm looking forward to building this car this year. Very rust free. I'm going to get the pan sandblasted and then start the build process.

Graysvws Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:55 pm

1957 New Zealand Ckd rhd oval just found and bought. All numbers matching body/pan/engine. All correct unmolested parts. Fired the 36 horse yesterday evening. Looking to clean it up,l and address what needs to be addressed and preserve the car the best I can.

ZENVWDRIVER Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:31 pm

vwbonner Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Found in Swan Hill, North Victoria 2010. It was last used on a farm as a runabout.

21junkstreet Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:20 pm

2003nbc wrote: Just as I found it, drove it home running on 2 cylinders

That Tennessee tag with 1-xxxx means it was a Shelby county, Memphis area car. Where did you find that? Looks like it was a minute ago.

Fifty-Eight Rag Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:58 pm

redbug64 Mon May 09, 2016 5:12 am

Some great finds! Keep them coming 👍

simpoval Mon May 09, 2016 3:15 pm

I just love as found photos! Here is my '57 that I found a a little more than a year ago.