TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Fridolin owners on TheSamba Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
WOB-SAM Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:13 am

https://youtu.be/qQHAZWuyUCg

Mattdubaddict Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:26 pm

h~moto Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

I have heard that Fridolins that were delivered to the Swiss Postal Service were equipped with 1300 engines. Can anyone tell me if these engines had the engine letter code F ?

IN2VWS Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:26 pm

My 1974 Swiss Post van still has the original motor....It is a twin port 1300. Does not start with 'F'.

Vorserie Fridolin Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Rear wheelhouse panel (facing forward) this six rib section is pressed in a proper pressing tool.
390x390 mm correct for -69-74 Fridolins.

Available only from Virtanen 55euros/each + tax. Contact [email protected]

upload image

image hosting free

adult photo sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battery trays of correct model

Stamped in proper pressing tool, these battery trays are only available from Virtanen.
even includes the small bracket. 150euros/pair + tax. Contact [email protected]

free upload image

gifs upload

image hosting site

ronjonlasvegas Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:41 pm

I was at the OCTO show over the weekend and this Fridolin caught my eye. It had some very nice custom features.

WOB-SAM Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:34 am

The VW/ Westfalia unregistered, Factory Museum Fridolin will most likely come up For Sale soon. 8)

PM if interested ....

WOB-SAM

mark webber Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 am

This is our latest project now finished with a Porsche theme throughout...Pasha Porsche fabric,Porsche 117 paint colour and Porsche 912 engine.

Photo shoot today (9th Oct) for issue of VW Camper & Bus

EverettB Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 am

Nice!

I've been meaning to ask a question about Fridolins...

If they are stock - Are they really loud inside?
Louder than a regular Bug or Bus?
And when you do a nice back seat like you did, do you add a layer of sound deadening?

mark webber Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 am

EverettB wrote: Nice!

I've been meaning to ask a question about Fridolins...

If they are stock - Are they really loud inside?
Louder than a regular Bug or Bus?
And when you do a nice back seat like you did, do you add a layer of sound deadening?

Thanks, and yes pretty loud, hence we used Dynamat and felt under the carpet and the 'back seat' area.

Redantt Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:18 am

Here’s the thing! Frids are only as loud as the noise around you outside cause you are always riding around with the doors open. Even in the rain and cold I drive with them open. I can’t help it it’s way to fun. They do have a bit of a canny sound but I have never once thought it as being a problem. Of all my cars I’ve never enjoyed one more. You could use a lizard skin paint to deaden the noise or dynamite like most but the floor is the same as a ghost so it’s the body accustics that’s different and I’d say it’s a lot less than a bus to me personally. Less room for echo and the ribbing on the roof and fender indent May have helped with canning revireration. But when those door are open you can’t keep out the world 😁

ronjonlasvegas Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am

I saw an ad on Facebook yesterday that the W12 fridolin was for sale. I sold in less than 24 hours after being posted. I wish I had the cash as I would have snapped it up for 35k Euros.

EverettB Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 am

35K Euro is US $40K

This seems cheap?

ronjonlasvegas Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 pm

EverettB wrote: 35K Euro is US $40K

This seems cheap?

I don't think that is cheap, but I think it is quite fair for a badass custom Fridolin. It has a W12 engine out of a VW Phaeton and custom front and rear suspension. It is a high end custom build. It sold in less than 24 hours after posting on FB so someone else must have thought it was a good deal

zimblewinder Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:05 am

1971 From Shota San in Japan, to me

finster Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:30 am

never seen this photo of a prototype fridolin before - is it genuine?

ozdub Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:07 am

Hey,

Is anyone manufacturing window rubbers for Fridolins?
Door window and front?