TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
jmonheim Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:15 am

Just got our 67
vin 117763512
ruby red
jun 67 build
has h5 motor nov 67 build could this possibly be stock??

wcfvw69 Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:06 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/engine_letters.php

It's not the original engine. This shows it as a 68-69 engine. If you have the original owners manual, the dealer wrote the engine number in it on the first or second page.

MACAM67 Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:26 pm

jmonheim wrote: Just got our 67
vin 117763512
ruby red
jun 67 build
has h5 motor nov 67 build could this possibly be stock??

Welcome! =D>

ghiafreek Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:15 pm

My new acquisition VIN 157420593 engine number: H0607145

aircooled Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:06 am

Very nice looking convertible, congratulations!!!

Tside Wed May 04, 2016 10:50 am

Third generation family VW 1300 '67 euro bug. I'm third owner and first owner was my grandmother who buy it 27.4.1967 Second owner was my father. All documents of car sales receipt to service history is safe.
I think it need to very own blog to tell everything of this car so here is quick summary:

Matching number car
VIN:117200471
Engine Code: F0992105
Color: Ruby Red L456
Build: 30. Aug 1966

From 2002, not great condition but running pretty well

2002 stock condition and i was learning to drive in parking lot :roll:

2012 a little bit change from the beginning.

And now 2016 condition

jays58s Thu May 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Here's my newly acquired '67, almost all original. Need to do quite a bit of work to it and find quite a few parts to bring it back to all original, but hopefully I'll have good luck doing so. It's a January of '67, I'll add the info shortly...

EverettB Thu May 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Nice!

If it came with that plate frame then the previous owner just took a massive hit on his sales price.

jays58s Thu May 05, 2016 11:36 pm

EverettB wrote: Nice!

If it came with that plate frame then the previous owner just took a massive hit on his sales price.

Why do you say that? It had both matching frames, the front one was broken at some point and I only have the lower portion of it. I actually didn't make out all that well on this one, the seller lied about a lot, it's still a cool car, but it's going to take more work than I thought.

wcfvw69 Fri May 06, 2016 6:50 am

There's just something about stock L-41 black 67 bugs that gets my heart beating.. It's probably because you just don't see that color on them that often.

Nice score.

jays58s Fri May 06, 2016 9:03 am

wcfvw69 wrote: There's just something about stock L-41 black 67 bugs that gets my heart beating.. It's probably because you just don't see that color on them that often.

Nice score.

Thanks man! I've been wanting one for a while, they definitely don't come up often. I have a long ways to go though, hopefully I can find all the parts I need.

stale air Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 am

jays58s wrote: EverettB wrote: Nice!

Why do you say that? It had both matching frames, the front one was broken at some point and I only have the lower portion of it. I actually didn't make out all that well on this one, the seller lied about a lot, it's still a cool car, but it's going to take more work than I thought.

Because J, those frames are big money, and highly sought after. :D

jays58s Fri May 06, 2016 9:48 am

stale air wrote: jays58s wrote: EverettB wrote: Nice!

I better put some special bolts on it so it doesn't get taken then. Lol

EverettB Fri May 06, 2016 9:51 am

stale air wrote: jays58s wrote: EverettB wrote: Nice!

Yes, I sent Jay a PM with some recent pricing I saw

phanal Tue May 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi all,

I just bought an other 1967 beetle. It been restore a few year back and never been driven. New engine (1641cc), new trans, nes nearly everything.

Its not been restore correctly everywhere but it will be a good driver during the time that I restore my other, number match, 1967 beetle.

Vin number: 117806522

When i will order his birth certificate, i may add some more info.

Thanks.

bugdust Wed May 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I recently scrapped a rusty chassis that came with some parts I bought. I may have the VIN number still on paper. I also have another 67 that I'm about to scrap and yet another in the garage that is a project. I'll try to get the VINs posted up this week.

JesseNL Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Bought myself a '67 some months ago. Will be completely restored with a cal look style.

117633884 (L87 Pearl White) standard model with a ragtop (rare)

desert westy Thu May 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Buddy of mine let me know that this 67 was in line to be crushed last Friday. Made a trip to the junkyard Monday and picked it up Tuesday. Last thing I need is another VW, but I hate to see them go. Very crusty with cool patina. Has most of the exterior parts and is missing most of the interior parts including passenger and rear seats, steering wheel and speedo. California black plates with a pink that was printed in 1970.

jays58s Thu May 19, 2016 7:39 pm

desert westy wrote: Buddy of mine let me know that this 67 was in line to be crushed last Friday. Made a trip to the junkyard Monday and picked it up Tuesday. Last thing I need is another VW, but I hate to see them go. Very crusty with cool patina. Has most of the exterior parts and is missing most of the interior parts including passenger and rear seats, steering wheel and speedo. California black plates with a pink that was printed in 1970.

Nice save! I need that front bumper. Lol

67rustavenger Thu May 19, 2016 8:56 pm

^^^Someone on the East coast is just appalled at the thought of crushing a savable car.
Nice save. There are a lot of good parts on that car. I bet the headlight rings are Hella type.
What's on the menu for this little gem?
Have fun with it.