TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Door assembly order question
Robert S Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:51 am

Hello! I tried the search- function but did not find what I'm looking for.
I try to assemble the doors on my -52. I started by installing new rubber scrapers. Then I tried to get the long U-channel in, that I had glued new felt on. It was very very tight so I tried to wedge the door open in the middle with a piece of wood. I ment to push the channel forward when I would get it in. As I tried to push the U-channel in the felt was trashed :cry: . Is the correct order scrapers first, then U-channel?
The old clips for the scrapers looked like they were behind the U-channel.

johnshenry Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 am

I think it is U channels first, then scrapers, and you may not be able to get the scrapers in between the channel and the door... you may have to cut them (and the wire clips) short there. Been a while since I assembled/took a door apart, but that is what I recall....

Robert S Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:25 am

Ok, thanks!

/Robert

virtanen Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:46 am

I have placed the scrapers first, then U-channel, because the scraper rubber need to get under U-channel. Check also that your scraper ends are cut correct way.

Check that your felt on U-channel is not too thick. Always need to spread door by wedges and use rubber lubricant on scrapers.

Robert S Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:22 am

Ok, maybe the felt I have used is too thick then, but the original felt is in very bad shape so it's difficult to compare to the new one. How should the scrapers ends look to be correct?

virtanen Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 am

Robert S Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you Virtanen, my originals looked that way but I thought they were torn. I'm afraid I have cut my new ones too short already :( .

nebkv Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:17 am

virtanen wrote:

Both ends,or only front?

BjornTore Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 pm

virtanen wrote:

Is it the same cutting on a one piece window? My old (an orignal) windowscrapers are cut straight in both ends, just close to the U Chanel.

BjornTore Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 pm

virtanen wrote:

Is it the same cutting on a one piece window? My old (an orignal) windowscrapers are cut straight in both ends, just close to the U Chanel.

BjornTore Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:30 am

BjornTore wrote: virtanen wrote:

anyone?

nlorntson Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 am

Robert S wrote: Hello! I tried the search- function but did not find what I'm looking for.
I try to assemble the doors on my -52. I started by installing new rubber scrapers. Then I tried to get the long U-channel in, that I had glued new felt on. It was very very tight so I tried to wedge the door open in the middle with a piece of wood. I ment to push the channel forward when I would get it in. As I tried to push the U-channel in the felt was trashed :cry: . Is the correct order scrapers first, then U-channel?
The old clips for the scrapers looked like they were behind the U-channel.

The order for one-piece glass doors is:

Inner and outer scraper.
Door latch
outer door handle
Window channels
window glass
window regulator
arm rest bracket (right door only)