TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Westfalia camper trailer or various camper trailer Page: Previous  1, 2
akaATA Thu May 26, 2016 12:20 am

hi!
I have recently bought one of these 50's vintage westfalia trailers as is shown in the first pic of this forum. Thinking about selling it and there seems not much information out there to figure out a price. Any ideas here? It is in fair condition.
thanks for any insight, links,websites or help!
akaATA

notchboy Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 am

Most info I ever found is here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259975957415954/?ref=bookmarks

Clara Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:09 am

akaATA wrote: hi!
I have recently bought one of these 50's vintage westfalia trailers as is shown in the first pic of this forum. Thinking about selling it and there seems not much information out there to figure out a price. Any ideas here? It is in fair condition.
thanks for any insight, links,websites or help!
akaATA

I am looking for the handles for the campingbox cabinet for my October 60 camper.
I think they are the same as the handles put on late 50s/ early 60s Westfalia camping trailers.
I saw this on a camper at the Prado campout:

I started searching for images of 265 - 3 Westfalia camping trailers and found lots more pics. :D But does anyone know a good place to find this part? I think many camping trailers came with 4 of them! Maybe learn German ebay? Anyone know of a classifieds for old westy camper trailer items?

Red Fau Veh Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 am

Maybe someone nice would let you borrow one so you can re make it, maybe not though. :|

Clara Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:09 am

I did actually borrow one from someone local, who we seem to see about once a month. I consider it an *extreme* level of trust that the handle was lent us.
It looks a bit tricky to make a really good repro, though.

I was really hoping to find a pair of originals, a repro would be second best. I know the caravans aren't common, but the westy kits for VW are very rare. So it is very exciting to see so many caravans with the handles. I googled Westfalia caravan and found tons of pics! It makes me hopeful that someone has a parts rig around, or some extra bits. :D

There seem to be many more in Europe so I might have to look over there. At least they are small and easy to ship. :D

wanted ad:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1906757

Red Fau Veh Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:32 am

Here is my friends trailer, its amazing imo.

joefriday Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:52 pm

This 1962 Westfalia trailer similar to the above is listed on Seattle CL. Has the same handles on the rear. Cool.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/5796260368.html

Ceckert64 Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:32 pm

So this might be a stupid question.

How much is a westfalia camper/caravan worth and how rare are they?

Today I went a different route home and I passed this old camper. I thought it was kinda different looking, didn’t put much thought into it as I’ve passed it a few times. I got home, was looking through social media and saw a VW bus pulling a similar camper. Then it hit me that it was likely a westfalia camper that I saw. Anyways I might take pictures on Monday. But it’s sitting in a front yard looking abandoned. Is it something I should possibly try to get? It looked like the bigger model camper/caravan

Thanks.