TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Cats in Bays Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Skoolieman Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:42 am

Finally snapped some pics of the cats working on the bus with me. Now I have to get the dog in there too!

Kacy is trying to open the cot

Eva was working on the floors

Skoolieman Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 am

nezz wrote:

I love these pictures, an awesome looking cat next to a dope bus!

mcdonaldneal Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Wish I had found this thread before I posted on the 'canine co-pilots'!
Some photos of out bay loving cats on this link:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6782657#6782657

VWDog Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Mies Cleopatra helping me out with moral support :)

Must be going better, she is feeling a catnap coming on....

Jennepher Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 am

[Admin note: Moved from the Canine co-pilots thread]
mcdonaldneal wrote: Wish I had found this thread before I posted on the 'canine co-pilots'!
Some photos of out bay loving cats on this link:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6782657#6782657
mcdonaldneal wrote: Yes, I know, not a canine co-pilot, but I think within the spirit of the thread!
Our much missed kitty Spit, loved travelling with us in her big cat carrier! (Her brother Polish was much less keen)!

Can't get much more relaxed than this!

Road trip, with harness, just in case!

Sightseeing in Europe...

Ferry queue:

Sadly Spit and Polish have passed on now (sad face), but our new arrival, Medo, seems just as relaxed in the van!

I know, unrestrained pet in a moving vehicle, blah, blah, blah

vwwestyman Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:44 am

This is from a few years ago when I was doing some fixing up of window rust and installing fuel injection in my '73. Dingo came out in the garage to inspect my work.

GoBigEmma Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am

Our cat Leila in our Bus Big Emma. She's not a huge fan, unfortunately! She seems to prefer stationary houses :P But ain't she adorable?

vwwestyman Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Fun similar thread on the Vanagon side of things:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433795&highlight=cats

TheLills.com Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:06 pm

It's great to see so many cats enjoying the bus life!

The two of us and our dog headed out of South Carolina, on a cross country road trip in 2017. We didn't make it very far, before a tiny little cat decided to jump on board! He was around 8 weeks old and very malnourished, but as we headed West, he grew stronger and stronger. He grew up in our bus and now, he's captain of the ship!

Meet Scotia, also know as Squish, Squishy or Squishy Cat. :D He's traveled with us, in our 1978 VW bus, for over a year, from Louisiana to California and on. The bus is home to Squish. He asks us to pop the top when we're parked and his favorite spot to sit, while we travel, is on the dash. He even makes us roll down the window, so he can stick his head out, while we're driving!

See more of Squish in our final cross country travel video, where we make it to California and up the West Coast!:

- Peace & Love

mcdonaldneal Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Beautiful video there from TheLills. Nicely edited and plenty of shots of the Bus and the animals!

CatLady Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:19 am

I can't believe I didn't see this thread when I first joined The Samba! I LOVE it!!

TheLills.com Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 am

mcdonaldneal - Thank you so much! We hope our videos inspire more people to bring their furry friends along with them on their adventures. It just wouldn't have been the same without them!

CatLady - We hadn't seen this thread either, until yesterday. So much fun!

- Peace & Love

HAM Inc Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 am

Bunch of fine looking cats in this thread. Funny how some cats love to travel.

No Bays to show with my cats, but these two girls have lived here in the shop since 2003 when Blanche showed up hungry and pregnant. No one wanted her and the wife and I had a 15 lb alpha male at home who would have killed her (you cant see in the photo, but Blanche is tiny coming in at only 6lbs.) so I made a space for her and when the babies came I found homes for 3 (everyone wants a kitten!) and kept Blossom so Blanche would have company.

They spend most of their time on the catio out back, but in the winter they are always in the office. Usually on the couch. Though sometimes they take over my chair won't relinquish till they get snacks.

It's safe to say that pretty much every pair of heads we've shipped over the past fifteen years have gone out in cardboard boxes these two have sat in and rubbed their cheeks on.

Abscate Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:48 am

Tucked in feet = secure kitties

:lol: