TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: UK Barndoor Page: Previous  1, 2
Drew Ogden Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:12 am

Its alot more than 30 or 40k to restore that bus unless your time is worth nothing. It would be thousands of dollars in time alone just to find the parts....

Stick to fried egg busses SJpatterson

campingbox Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:58 am

Gerson wrote: Actually,it was Lind who coined that famous phrase(the disco bus)...I had that bus listed for sale on the samba a couple of years ago....I caught a lot of shit over that bus (price wise)...now you see a total piece of shit BD for sale on this, or other sites, with crazy prices, and no one says much....it's the market I guess....the market dictates what these buses are worth......

The disco bus name was already taken years ago....and that bus is NOT the disco bus. How about "The clown bus"?

Gerson Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:00 pm

OK, there you go, it has another name, the clown bus...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

RockStock Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 pm

clown schmown

its The Disco Bus for me
looks a decent bus, but yes big bucks to get it somewhere close to og

this guy couldnt stomach the price

barnjunkie likes it

oak?

sjpaterson Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Maybe it needs a better "For Sale" sign...when were these pictures taken?

Gerson Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Those pictures were taken at Bad Camberg this past June... :D :D :D

paneldave Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:51 am

this guy couldnt stomach the price

actually rock stock thats me thats pulling my face, and my main man hadsasaurus rex to the left..
and i actually pulled the trigger first on this bus, but circumstances didnt allow so the next guy stepped up!!

Rusting Hulk Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:27 am

I think it just needs someone with some 'bottle and glass' to remove the paint and bondo, and take it from there.

gatorwyatt Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 am

i would bet it could be stripped and show its inner beauty...looks like a nice and like gerson said"honest" bus but, i think at the price gerson sold it for it is more in line with value to price ratio.now to finish that bus it seems a little out of line with the price on it now.

i really like the rack on it...

paneldave Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:30 am

if the rack was off and the ragtop aperture was inspected then i reckon there is 3k ukp in missing bits!
there isnt a great deal of "non standard" bits on it, just a shame that the bits that are missing would cost in the region of what the bus is being sold for (if you could source them)

Skim Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:14 pm

bubba wrote: huummm. Can you find one cheaper? I can't think of one that has sold in over a year at a price like that. I think it's a deal, but i don't think the UK is step'n up to the new DLX barndoor prices. Not a knock on the UK, just the facts. If you think you payed to much today, just wait to see what they go for in 10 more years!!!! :D

Thats what Im sayin 8)

EverettB Mon May 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Currently for sale in S. CA, I guess it came state-side?

1953 Barndoor Deluxe for $195K
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1923575

germanstyle Tue May 03, 2016 8:23 am

Skim wrote: bubba wrote: huummm. Can you find one cheaper? I can't think of one that has sold in over a year at a price like that. I think it's a deal, but i don't think the UK is step'n up to the new DLX barndoor prices. Not a knock on the UK, just the facts. If you think you payed to much today, just wait to see what they go for in 10 more years!!!! :D

Thats what Im sayin 8)

hasn't quite been 10 years but way to predict the future bubba! at the current rate if you buy the bus today for 200k and it triples in value again over the next 10 years it'll be worth 600k? :lol: :lol: the real question for me is what is someone realistically willing to pay for it?

Braukuche Tue May 03, 2016 8:47 am

germanstyle wrote: Skim wrote: bubba wrote: huummm. Can you find one cheaper? I can't think of one that has sold in over a year at a price like that. I think it's a deal, but i don't think the UK is step'n up to the new DLX barndoor prices. Not a knock on the UK, just the facts. If you think you payed to much today, just wait to see what they go for in 10 more years!!!! :D

Thats what Im sayin 8)

hasn't quite been 10 years but way to predict the future bubba! at the current rate if you buy the bus today for 200k and it triples in value again over the next 10 years it'll be worth 600k? :lol: :lol: the real question for me is what is someone realistically willing to pay for it?

Ain't gonna happen at that price. People who have that kind of money to spend on a car don't want something that looks like a swap meet hauler. Fully restored yeah, maybe, but in that shape, no way.

Brian_1952 Tue May 03, 2016 11:09 am

On a sidenote I believe there's people out there that-money has no value when they want something and they're is not very many available they will buy what they can get and most people that have a nicer one haven't because they like it and it's not for sale