TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Post Your Type 4 Here Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Methusela Tue May 10, 2016 6:06 am

Excellent work recreating the brochure!

I really like the look of those early 411s, with the covered headlights.

Jennepher Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 am

Very cool!

EricInUtah Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:39 pm

This is my bone stock 1974 412 in Marathon Silver.

Methusela Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:15 am

Beautiful car, Eric!

raygreenwood Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 am

Very nice car! Hope mine looks that good in the next couple of years! Ray

Danno5 Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:16 pm

I dragged home a 412 today. Apologies for the foggy pictures and the dirty car.

Her good side:

Her bad side:

Her inside:

Some curious looking papers that came with it:

Look a little closer -

The owner's manual has a delivery inspection sticker from Wolfsburg too. I thought that was pretty neat.

Methusela Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 am

Great find! Looks a lot like my 412 (see earlier post): same color, and mine has a good side/bad side thing going on too. Does she run/drive?

raygreenwood Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:21 am

Cool! Mine is a tourist vehicle as well!

Ray

Danno5 Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:55 am

Methuselah:
It actually runs very well. Starts right up hot or cold and holds a nice idle. The bad stuff:
- has rebuilt calipers, rebuilt master cylinder, lots of new brake lines, but it only gradually comes to a stop.
- I think the transmission's pan seal has failed, so the bottom from there back is covered in gunk.
- has a patched gas tank and it smells a little bit. Not so much that you smell it in the car, but only when I was underneath checking things out.
-there is some perforating rust in the front passenger wheel well.
Expect to see multiple threads in the future!

Ray: Your two-door is also a tourist car? Cool!

Danno5 Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:02 am

Forgot to mention the reason it was trailered for the 200 mile trip: four rotted 20-year old good year tires. Those hubcaps are really hard to get off without a puller!

raygreenwood Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 am

Danno5 wrote: Methuselah:
It actually runs very well. Starts right up hot or cold and holds a nice idle. The bad stuff:
- has rebuilt calipers, rebuilt master cylinder, lots of new brake lines, but it only gradually comes to a stop.
- I think the transmission's pan seal has failed, so the bottom from there back is covered in gunk.
- has a patched gas tank and it smells a little bit. Not so much that you smell it in the car, but only when I was underneath checking things out.
-there is some perforating rust in the front passenger wheel well.
Expect to see multiple threads in the future!

Ray: Your two-door is also a tourist car? Cool!

Yes....one of these days i will take some pictures and post the documents that came in this car.

I have:

The original owners manuals, emissions manuals, dealer service stamp book completely filled out, original assembly line test print out, the Europa guide with the map of all dealers in Europe that came with the car (has the Berlin wall clearly marked) original tourist plate from Germany French plates and all US plates its ever been issued with, shipping documents from Germany through Oslo Norway, dealer option invoice for the replacement of the Motorola Sapphire radio with a Blaupunkt Wolfsburg III am shortwave radio....have the original inventory tag for the Sapphire and both radios....so pretty much every document ever issued with the car from the assembly line on.

It was bought by an American school teacher that had some linkage to the RAF in Frankfurt Germany, driven for a year or so...and then shipped through Oslo Norway to the US. Then sold to a person in the US air-force here.

The 2nd owners son did not quite "get it"....and it was driven without tune ups until it dropped a valve. It spent 18 years sitting under a carport in Stone Mountain Georgia.

Its a two door coupe with factory four speed. Ray

Fourelevenforever Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Here is my Typ4 collection :

1969 VW 411LE 4Door Sedan, original pastellwhite L90D
1971 VW 411E Firepolice Commanders Waggon (the only 411 which is known), original painting
1974 VW 412LS Variant (carburators, 85 hp, one of ten remaining in Germany), marino yellow L20A

Greetings from Germany ! :D :D :D

VW1303GSR Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:20 am

Hi folks,

here are some pictures showing my 1970's VW 411 square wagon.

Cheers from Switzerland,
Aiken

raygreenwood Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 am

VW1303GSR wrote: Hi folks,

here are some pictures showing my 1970's VW 411 square wagon.

Cheers from Switzerland,
Aiken

Very nice car! Is that L96B Alaska blue metallic?

Ray

VW1303GSR Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Ray,

many thanks for your great feedback! The colour is called Geminiblue Metallic (code L96E).

Greetz, Aiken

ninjacoco Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 pm

I have the race car now!

1971 411. Trying to get it running again.

braamn Mon May 21, 2018 11:51 am

ninjacoco wrote: I have the race car now!

1971 411. Trying to get it running again.

Thats amazing , thats the 24 hours of lemons winner!!

braamn Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 am

Been lurking on here for a while , here is my 1972 411L ariant made in South Africa. One of 9900 made in SA I believe

Here before I restored the front suspension back to stock

[/img]

raygreenwood Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Very nice! Quit lurking in the shadows and come out and play!
:D
Ray

chaobis Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Hello, my name is Julien Faudé from France.
This is my VW 412 28 July 1973.
The beetle is mine too.