TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rarest rim ever Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Crankey Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 pm

wow those Brahims are very nice. never seen those before.

rikki james Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 am

restojohnny wrote: Very nice :D they look GOOOOOD on that bus Rikki :wink:

Cheers Johnny ;-)
Have also got a rather nice set of magnesium Torq Thrust D's on my BD samba, 5's and 5.5'S unbelievably light wheels!!

jbbugs Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

vanilla_gorilla13 wrote: anyone know anything about these rims. i had them on my 71 super beetle but opted for the stock rims instead. ive had numerous ppl ask me if i wanted to sell them. im not interested in making a profit off of them, just wanted to know the history if any... thanx for any help.

I had a set of those Hideous Western Wheels. I sold them for $40/set after dragging them around to way too many swapmeets.

Crankey Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm

rikki james wrote: Here are my Brahim's with a twist...

Unlike most wheels on this thread these are actually on a vehicle ;-)

Rikki

roughly what are these worth ? are they from the UK ? when were they made ?

restojohnny Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

The Brahim wheels are from Mexico and they sold roughly around $1200 if I remember correctly. I wanted them tooo but waited to long then Rikki pulled his trigger finger first but they are getting used I would of just thrown them in my storage for safe keeping :lol:

Crankey Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm

well congrats to Rikki they look sweet on his bus...I want something cool for my speedster. :)

henry roberts Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 am

dragway? 15 by 4.5 and 5.5

Crankey Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Do want !

restojohnny Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

henry roberts wrote: not mine: dragway 15 by 4.5 and 5.5

never seen or heard of these before. They look cool..Where are they from ? is that another cool OZ wheel ?

tacochris Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

restojohnny wrote: henry roberts wrote: not mine: dragway 15 by 4.5 and 5.5

never seen or heard of these before. They look cool..Where are they from ? is that another cool OZ wheel ?

DANG....Never seen it before but that wheel is the dogs dangles!

henry roberts Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 am

another australian wheel. the company has been around since the 70's
nfi when these were made. i had never seen or heard of them till last night.

dragway also made these 4 lug rims which i rather like. they aren't common but i have seen a couple of sets come up over the years.

i think they may have also done this style in 4 by 130.

but we won't get into australian 4 lug rims as there are prob a dozen + styles/variations. most 14" and varing from ok to revolting.

Scotty Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 am

Those 5 bolt dragways look cool. Got any pics of them on a car?

henry roberts Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 pm

not yet. it might be a while too as there are only 3 in the set.

so far i have drawn a complete blank. the lady i spoke to at dragway said they are not there's. i have spoken to a few of the bigger vw shop owners and none have ever seen them before.

HenrikBirkl Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Anyone seen this wheel before?
Italian Borrani CMR wheels 2/78-51/2JX14-CMR.R1-590
Made in februari 1978
size 5.5 x14

More pics and info here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530970

restojohnny Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 pm

just got these in the mail today. Rare essence wheels but the cool thing is I got the original riveted caps w/original lugnuts. You don't see that as much as you see the actual wheels 8)

ratlookvw Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 pm

restojohnny wrote: just got these in the mail today. Rare essence wheels but the cool thing is I got the original riveted caps w/original lugnuts. You don't see that as much as you see the actual wheels 8)

Are these for sale Resto?

restojohnny Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:52 pm

My $10.00 craigslist fumagalli's :wink: These wheels aren't as rare but the $10.00 they cost me is a rare price to pay 8)

blue71 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm not sure if these are necessarily rare, but seeing Restojohnny's Essence wheels made me remember I have a set of different Essence wheels in my collection.

I apologize for the cellphone photo, it's from the last time I was in the loft of the barn. The stampings inside the wheel are Essence and Magna if my memory serves. I think they measured 14"x6".

The center is aluminum, whereas the rim is steel. The center cap is probably some aftermarket one, as there isn't a logo or anything on it.

henry roberts Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 am

wanna double your money johnny? :lol:

midman914 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

restojohnny wrote: My $10.00 craigslist fumagalli's :wink: These wheels aren't as rare but the $10.00 they cost me is a rare price to pay 8)

I would have shit my pants if I saw those on Craigslist for $10. Even more amazing than the price you paid for them, is that you were the first one there to get them. Just curious, how were they listed? My guess is they were just listed a "VW wheels for sale". Am I right? If those were here in Michigan, they would have just gone to the scrap yard if the person didn't know what they were. Any way, awesome score, legendary status. You are good at what you do and find some really cool shit. I can't wait to see your next find. Never a disappointment. 8)