TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Samba scouts Page: 1, 2  Next
jeremysmithatshawdotca Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:23 pm

Hi Everett, I see another volunteer for the samba scouts - those people willing to check out local vws for faraway sambanistas who need an honest opinion of the prospective new moneypit. How about a specific page on the site for a semi-permanent list of scouts and locations, sort of like the airs section of type2.com?
Thanks, Jeremy

79SuperVert Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:27 pm

You could put me down on such a list for the NY-NJ metro area. It would also be good for TheSamba to do a standard checklist that scouts would check, given, of course, the limitations that it would have to be without benefit of test equipment or tools. Digital photos would be a plus. All, of course, purely voluntary and without any negative implications for the scout if the car turns out to be a POS.

EverettB Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:39 am

Yes, I plan to do this at some point.

I haven't got around to it yet.

79SuperVert Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:56 pm

The bugshop.com (I think that's it) had a real good check list. So does John Muir's book, although it gets a little weird what with you supposed to absorb the car's karma and stuff...

SES-ONE Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:38 am

well everett put me down for seattle metro area in washington!

SES

Kosmicride Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:12 pm

Thats what the JHC is for.

Foxx Tue May 20, 2003 9:04 am

i do some finding in the South carolina aera

Salty D Thu May 22, 2003 4:06 pm

I will help out in PDX metro area

zackG Sat May 24, 2003 9:18 am

I am currently in North Ohio/ Michigan
I got anyones back up here.

Foxx Mon May 26, 2003 10:25 am

Everett
prehaps a place here in the forum where you can post "looking at 66 bus in East Jabib can i get someone to scope it out for me?"
or some thing like that, where you might get in contact with peope that can take a look at something for someone?
just an idea..lol
call em Samba Scouts...heh
Frank

Foxx Mon May 26, 2003 10:27 am

ack or listing of people,e-mail addresses per state? someone you can turn to for those long distance projects

Denise Kern Mon May 26, 2003 6:10 pm

I would like to volunteer to be the Scout for the Metropolitan Nashville Area. Tennessee of course and any outlying areas... Not many go up for sale around here and/or make it to thesamba.com but if they do I would be glad to do it..
Collen Kelton
[email protected]
The Red Rocket Coordinator

Dono Power Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:50 pm

I would like to Samba scout for Arkansas. I travel a major portion of the state for work and see quite a few VWs around. Email me and let me know what and where and I will getit assessed and let you know what you got. I look forward to scouting for any one who needs it.
[email protected]

Thanks,
Dono Power

79SuperVert Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:17 pm

Oh, yeah, well, duh, I have to give my e-mail address if I want to be a scout, right? Jeez. OK, it's [email protected]. I'll read it 9-5 Eastern time weekdays. I can check out stuff in NJ and NYC.

type877 Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:24 am

Just want everyone to know that I can cover the greater Salt Lake area (Provo to Ogden), maybe more. Will take digital pics so you know what the hell you're getting into. Send email to address above. And don't worry, I vow not to scoop any sambanista on a purchase. just give an honest assessment.

Thornton Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:53 am

Put me down for the ALbany Oregon area.
Thornton

john walker's workshop Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:31 am

kind of like sending your dog out to see if the steak on the barbie is done. yeah, sure i'll go check out that 23 for you. oh hell, it's full of rust, so i picked it up for parts cause you wouldn't have wanted it.

Gary Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:37 pm

I would be willing to scout anything that results in full frontal nudity (even my own). What the hell do I have to lose :D

BigElipso Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:53 pm

I can take care of West Michigan but who the hell wants to buy rust?

Salty D Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:41 pm

I forgot to put my e-mail addy...

[email protected].

Portland, OR