TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Literature and Paper Items Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
EverettB Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Wow, nice work on that. Thanks.
Did you type it in? I'm confused how you got it to translate.
I have a higher resolution version I can email if you want to see it.

1958 is a good guess.

Now that I think about it:
The Bug has a big back window. This is 1958-up
The Bus has ribbed bumpers. This ended in 1958.
Not that literature always shows the latest stuff but 1958 makes sense given those features.

Erik G Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:02 am

Google translate app is pretty bad ass

It will translate on the fly for things like traveling. Tell it what language and hold your phone up to a sign or menu or something and it will translate on the fly

In this case, I printed it out and took a picture. Then you swipe what you want translated. Good for books and literature. Kinda fun stuff for all my car's German documents

There is a desktop version in Google toolkit but I couldn't get it to work on that picture

floyd1969 Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:37 pm

A couple of print blocks and the related ad on back page of a Safer Motoring magazine.

Jacco Verveer Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:23 am

i know it is not a poster

but better than stucked away

Typ3nut Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:28 pm

I recently found these at a VW Swap Meet...
1971 Volkswagen Sales Guild Manuals.
"Selling Type 3 and Squareback Vehicles" & "Selling Type 4 Vehicles"
Very unique product knowledge manuals by Volkswagen of America.

EverettB Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:27 pm

Very cool!
I haven't seen those ones before.
They look to be the size of a sheet of paper?

I have some other ones.
Some examples are below.
These are about 1/2 the size of a sheet of paper but very thick:

Typ3nut Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:55 am

[quote="EverettB"]Very cool!
I haven't seen those ones before.
They look to be the size of a sheet of paper?

Yes, they are 8 1/2" x 11"
42 pages but you flip around to 82 pages.
It always amazes me with all the VW literature info that appears here on theSamba and there's still stuff we've never seen.

Red Fau Veh Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 pm

67ctbug Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:34 pm

I don't think Vw made it, I think it's just a paint shops ad...

thevinster Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

I posted these on the build thread for my 56 bug but i think they also belong here. This is all the paperwork from the bug it was in a yellow folder

EverettB Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Saw this on eBay recently, original Weathervane magazine artwork

vwed Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:00 am

Belgian price list from March 1954.
D'Ieteren were and still are the main VW dealer/distributor in Belgium.
Prices in Belgian francs.
I found this inside a '53 Reuters spiral bound brochure.

crukab Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm

My wife gave me a bunch of Old brochures from her Dad's collection of "Stuff", not all was Vw, but pretty cool stuff.

Many more pics in my Gallery.

EverettB Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:44 pm

crukab wrote: My wife gave me a bunch of Old brochures from her Dad's collection of "Stuff", not all was Vw, but pretty cool stuff.

Nice! Some of those are not super easy to find in that condition.

The Success Story booklet for one - I have that one but have not seen very many of them.

I believe I see at least one dealer business card in the photo above, can you please email me a nice clear close-up photo of it for the dealer pages on the site?

crukab Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:02 am

I just picked up some long over due Lit. froma score 7 & years ago:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=372746

Some really nice old Split Bus stuff, some cool KG pieces, and of course a bunch of VW repair books I really don't need.

More pics in my Gallery.

EverettB Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 am

Nice score! This is interesting, I know I have seen that before but I can't recall the contents

crukab Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

EverettB wrote: Nice score! This is interesting, I know I have seen that before but I can't recall the contents

Yea, it is kind of crazy, my wife giving me stuff that my Father-in-Law had stashed away for 45 years, then a carry over from a deal from 2009 w/ more cool Lit., which is not really my thing, but cool VW Bus stuff none the less.
I'll get pics of the "Around the world" brochure soon.

crukab Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 am

Soon, as in now ... :lol:

Trailbash anyone ?? :lol:

2 more pics on this in my gallery.

EverettB Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Great, thanks!

HelmutofBuffalo Mon May 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello Everyone. I need some advice about a cache' of VW Books I have been offered. Five banana boxes full, about 25 in each, mostly hardcover/softcover repair/ vintage photo, books by various authors and vintage, mostly Beetle related, manuals, some Clymers, one Idiot manual, some dealer ephemera, did not see many doubles. All good shape.
My question is: He is offering them for $250 for everything, breaks down to about $2.00 each, Is there a lot of demand for these old books, does anyone collect ? Interested in the whole lot ? Can I sell these easily for 5-10 each ? I see most books in the classifieds average about $15. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Helmut