TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Michigan Dubbers Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Volkswagenaholic Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:12 pm

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but here goes. id like to see how many ppl from michigan are on the samba so post up.

thanks

MalibuLX3 Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:38 pm

Rochester, Michigan. Looks like you have a large collection of VW's by your signature.

kingd33 Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:39 pm

I'm just south of Grand Rapids.

Volkswagenaholic Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:33 pm

MalibuLX3 wrote: Rochester, Michigan. Looks like you have a large collection of VW's by your signature.

yes i do and i need to add a 67 beetle to that list. all my friends have multiple vw's as well

Volkswagenaholic Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 pm

kingd33 wrote: I'm just south of Grand Rapids.

im south of grand rapids as well but about 45 minutes. what do you drive?

kingd33 Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:07 am

Volkswagenaholic wrote: kingd33 wrote: I'm just south of Grand Rapids.

im south of grand rapids as well but about 45 minutes. what do you drive?
I have a 78 super vert that the wife calls the sunday go get ice cream car,a 77 standard(wife drives it to work everyday),2 65's and a 55 oval.
The 65's and the oval are projects right now, so needless to say I do not get to drive the Vdubs very often(not until I finish one of the 65's which should be in about a month).

Volkswagenaholic Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:26 am

Quote: I have a 78 super vert that the wife calls the sunday go get ice cream car,a 77 standard(wife drives it to work everyday),2 65's and a 55 oval.
The 65's and the oval are projects right now, so needless to say I do not get to drive the Vdubs very often(not until I finish one of the 65's which should be in about a month).

thats cool. i have projects like crazy too. i drive my 74 superbeetle and my 92 passat daily. the 69 is my dads maybe youve seen it its got splash on the side. then the 68 baja is getting prepped for a respray right now. the 74 standard was my sisters and so was the 93 passat. so those are being stored. the 71 was my first beetle i got when i was 12 and is now just way to far gone to restore. then the 75 is a future baja project and my 86 GTI needs painted then i can drive that. now i have a nice solid 67 for a project as well.

Namiejr Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:29 am

Fennville, huh? Grew up there and drove my first VW there. It was my dad's 76 bug and learned in a church parking lot!

TedzBug Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:04 pm

I am in Warren here....... I daily drive my '75 super

Volkswagenaholic Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Namiejr wrote: Fennville, huh? Grew up there and drove my first VW there. It was my dad's 76 bug and learned in a church parking lot!

really? thats cool. where do you live now? theres quite a few aircooleds here now.

Volkswagenaholic Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:26 pm

TedzBug wrote: I am in Warren here....... I daily drive my '75 super

nice super. you posted over on michiganvw.org a while back didnt you? unfortunatly theres not much for aircooled over there.

veedub00 Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:27 am

I am in eastpointe. i have a 1960 type 1

Namiejr Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:05 am

Volkswagenaholic wrote: Namiejr wrote: Fennville, huh? Grew up there and drove my first VW there. It was my dad's 76 bug and learned in a church parking lot!

really? thats cool. where do you live now? theres quite a few aircooleds here now.

In the middle of Michigan. What year did you graduate?

Volkswagenaholic Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Namiejr wrote: Volkswagenaholic wrote: Namiejr wrote: Fennville, huh? Grew up there and drove my first VW there. It was my dad's 76 bug and learned in a church parking lot!

i graduated in 2004

madmike Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:15 am

just surfed in,I'm restoring an old Bandit Tub buggy, mostly for the street,I still have the 2 seat Mirage I raced back in 75-78,and picked up a 69 Avenger GT-12 that needs alot of work.Later Mike

71VOTB Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:08 am

Namiejr wrote: Volkswagenaholic wrote: Namiejr wrote: Fennville, huh? Grew up there and drove my first VW there. It was my dad's 76 bug and learned in a church parking lot!

Middle, as in ? I lived in Clare for many years.

Man_Doun Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:14 am

I'm in bloomfield hills.

this seems like the best place to ask this. anyway, I was talking to this one guy at parts place and he told me about a auto salvage yard with alot of old aircooleds in it. I think he said it was near frankenmeuth or birtch run. anyone know what im talking about or know the name?

Volkswagenaholic Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:55 pm

Man_Doun wrote: I'm in bloomfield hills.

this seems like the best place to ask this. anyway, I was talking to this one guy at parts place and he told me about a auto salvage yard with alot of old aircooleds in it. I think he said it was near frankenmeuth or birtch run. anyone know what im talking about or know the name?

not sure but it sounds like a good place to go.

wild Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:30 pm

Grand Rapids

Man_Doun Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:37 pm

anyone going to the dream cruise?