Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help I fell in love with a bug
Photo link: Forum code:
Help I fell in love with a bug
Author Photo
justagirlandherbug
Samba Member

Photos: 16

Help I fell in love with a bug Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 am     Views: 120      Rating: Not rated

Bought a 1971 Super Beetle (vin is 1122016650) this is what the only bit of paperwork says with my bug (no other mechanical receipts)...

-1776 Engine
-90.5 mm cima pistons and cylinders
-camshaft (one step above stock)
-Case, welded #3 true full flow with filter
-HD oil pump
-Oil Sump
-Lightened flywheel
-Ported and Polished heads
-Stock Rockers
-New solid clutch disc
-Stock pressure plate
-Thunderbird header with muffler, stock heater boxes
-Weber Carb 44 IDF 71
-009 Distributor, New Points

I just added this in case you can see anything different in the photos as I've been looking up the 1776 scat engines and it doesn't look like it matches up to what I have (or if you can elaborate on any specs)

My bug isn't turning over and was a hard start when I got it whether warm or cold. Changed fuel filter/oil/cleaned air filter/new fuses... Ran great for a couple days....

Now Fuel isn't getting past fuel filter and fuel pump shakes so violently you can hear it as soon as you turn on the engine. It will sound like it's going to go but won't quite get over the hump and go.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.