Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Champagne Anyone? Ce-1
Photo link: Forum code:
Champagne Anyone? Ce-1
Author Photo
rocky2020
Samba Member

Photos: 85

Champagne Anyone? Ce-1 Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:03 am     Views: 61      Rating: Not rated

Being more of a split bus fan,i don't pay much attention to bays,especially late bays.

I've just bought a very original 1977 CE -1, bought new in Portland Oregon,the original owner gave me the owners manual and some misc paperwork

They said that at 75000 miles had dealer rebuild engine with new heads (hydraulic valves)

It was running fine when it was rebuilt.

Now,there is 55k on engine, so the bus has about 130,000 total miles

Although there is no rust,it has its imperfections,sliding door mechanism needs love,missing middle seat.... ridiculous Acura seats in front.

I have replaced fuel lines up top and plan to do the fuel filter and lines under the bus asap.

From what I've read on the samba,these are quite rare,

Any info or comments appreciated,thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.