Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1976 Bay Window Bus circa 1979
Photo link: Forum code:
1976 Bay Window Bus circa 1979
Author Photo
DadaCheese
Samba Member

Photos: 10573

1976 Bay Window Bus circa 1979 Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 am     Views: 92      Rating: Not rated

A picture of my older brother and sister in about the year 1979.
That's our 1976 Bay Window in the background, and "The Toaster" (the car I still have today; a 1967 Westfalia tintop) off to the right.

Judging by where "The Toaster" is parked, and all the grass which has not been edged in front of it, it is one of the two times my parents allowed our 1967 to SIT, unwashed, for about 4 to 6 years at a time.

The roof developed major rust challenges due to the salt air of Huntington Beach, CA, and by the time I fixed it up and started driving it in 1987, the roof had LOTS of rust.

The '76 bus my brother took to college in Seattle.
He managed to get plenty of parking tickets until one day it was finally towed.

The Toaster, with its restored roof is running better than ever before and although not a daily driver (I work 3 blocks from home), we use it all the time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.